Wine & Food Pairings
Parmesan Cannelloni Shells Filled With Artichoke Truffle Mascarpone Mousse and Rosemary Lamb Meatballs Stuffed With Mozzarella served with Cocetti Wines, Napa Sauvignon Blanc and Cabernet Sauvignon
This month, we feature 2 wines from Cocetti
Parmesan Cannelloni Shell Filled With Artichoke Truffle Mascarpone Mousse
Yield: 10 servings
1/3 C Marinated Artichokes
1 C Mascarpone cheese
2 T Heavy cream
1 t Minced garlic
1 t Finely chopped thyme
1 t Chopped rosemary
1 t Finely chopped parsley
1 t Lemon zesy
2 t Oil
1 t Truffle oil
1 C Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
Method of preparation:
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• Sauté garlic and herbs in oil for 1 minute, and add to blender.
• Drain artichokes, pat dry and add to blender with heavy cream, lemon zest and truffle oil. Blend until mixture becomes pasty and artichoke pieces are very small.
• Add Mascarpone cheese to a bowl with mixture from blender and fold together, being careful not to over mix mascarpone.
• Season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Line a baking pan with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
• Make ten 1.5 inch circles of Parmesan cheese and bake for 8-10 minutes or until Parmesan is beginning to become golden brown around edges.
• For this step you must act quickly! The moment the pan of Parmesan comes out of the oven, lift Parmesan circles with spatula and wrap around wooden spoon handle or dowel as fast as possible (as cheese hardens very quickly), then press seams together to hold shell shut. (* Parmesan shells can be made in batches of 5 to reduce rush, or can just be served as flat circles with mousse on top).
• Transfer mousse to piping bag and pipe inside of cooled Parmesan cannelloni shells
Rosemary Lamb Meatballs Stuffed With Mozzarella
Yield: 10 meatballs
½ lb. Ground Lamb
2 T Chopped Rosemary
½ T Chopped Thyme
1 T Minced Garlic
2 t Red Wine Vinegar
½ C Breadcrumbs
1 T Red wine
10 1/4inch Mozzarella cubes
Method of preparation:
• In a bowl, mix all ingredients together except mozzarella until mixed thoroughly.
• Portion meatballs into 1½ T scoops
• Push mozzarella into meatballs and pinch together opening.
• Roll meatball in hands to smooth and line on baking sheet.
• Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes or until fully cooked and golden brown.
Cocetti Wines has been the hard work of David and Pat Cocetti since 1981, and today is a premium Napa Valley and Sonoma wine producer. Cocetti Wines has proudly been producing award winning wines for 28 years. Committed to creating bold wines that truly reflect the Napa Valley, Cocetti wines are custom crushed and fermented in authentic new French Limosin and Nevers oak barrels. This low production high value juice is a find. Under the guidance of Napa's finest wine consultants, the Cocetti label has become a stable competitor in the market.
2008 Cocetti Napa Sauvignon Blanc
A hint of Viognier lightens the tart of the Sauvignon grape. It is bright clear and golden wheat in color. Well structured with a aroma of pineapple and a hint of peach. Delicate entry and pleasant to the palate, good acidity with a forward finish.
2007 Cocetti Napa Cabernet Sauvignon
Aromas of cassis and black fruit, balanced oak and soft tannins are velvety on the palate with hint of blackberries , espresso, vanilla and spice. Fruits carry from entry through mid-palate with a very soft tannin finish and a lingering cassis aftertaste.