PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENTS (PSAs)
PSAs are short, non-commercial announcements that are read on the air.
They are an excellent way for non-profits to get the word out about their needs, upcoming fundraisers, calls for volunteers, special events, etc.
They are a service of KUVO to the community.
They are not scheduled; while programmers are required to read a number of PSAs during a show, it is up to the programmer to pick a PSA to read.
They may be dated (for a particular event) or ongoing.
Writing your PSA:
- Include all the pertinent information: Who, What, When, Where, Why.
- Use complete sentences, not a list of details. Shorter, less complex sentences are better.
- Make no editorial comment; don't make it sound like KUVO is taking a position or supporting your event.
- If appropriate, add phonetic pronunciation, particularly with names.
- Include concise contact information that can be both read and remembered easily (not multiple names and numbers or complex URLs).
- Include a end date, the first day when the PSA should no longer be read (leave blank for ongoing PSAs).
- No prices, unless it is a benefit for KUVO.
- The total length should be such that it can be read in 30 seconds or less.
- You may add extra details, not to be read on the air, that we may tell listeners who call for more information, such as prices.
QUESTIONS? Call Steve Chavis at 303-446-7627, or e-mail him at Steve@kuvo.org.