Employment Opportunities at jazz89 KUVO Public Radio
If you are committed to musical diversity, looking to improve the quality of life for your community and are interested in working in the non-profit field - maybe you should be a part of our team!
Position: Full-time Development Associate/Volunteer Coordinator
Posted: July 1, 2012 Status: Full time
Deadline: Open until filled Reports to: Director of Development
Position Summary: Development Associate/Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for coordinating KUVO volunteers for on-air pledge drives, internal and external events and other station activities. The Volunteer Coordinator also regularly interfaces thru phone calls, emails and in person with high-profile individuals including major donors, prospective donors, businesses and community leaders, the listening public, station members and volunteers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Volunteer coordinator for KUVO’s pledge drives, special events, office, administration, and initial contact for programming department.
• Ensures processing of underwriting client contracts for Oasis Online e-Newsletter placement, ticket giveaways, festival banner distribution, booth presence, and volunteer scheduling
• Maintains and distributes email campaigns for volunteers, Oasis Online e-newsletter, Studio Club members and other membership and special events
• Increases visibility, maintains and the distribution of email contacts through a variety of mediums including festivals, website, membership database, underwriters, staff, Board of Directors, Community Advisory Board, volunteers, and community leaders
• Serves as primary database administrator and coordinator for station pledge drive incentives, including special station products utilizing Microsoft Access
• Maintains efficient records of major donors participation at station events and ticket distribution in stations member database
• Coordinates all solicitation of food/beverages for pledge drives and station events
• Assists in the coordination and activities of all station fundraisers and events
• Able to work evenings and weekends when needed
• Excellent customer service and coordination with volunteers, members, business accounts and community.
• Other duties as assigned by Director of Development and Marketing and management team
• Attention to detail
• Exemplary analytic thinking skills
• Exemplary interpersonal and communications skills
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and resolve unexpected situations
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office software
• Demonstrated ability to interact with a diverse staff and volunteer base
• Demonstrated ability to be highly organized and effectively manage the workflow and communications coming in and going out of the Development Department
• Have an appreciation for and some knowledge of KUVO/KVJZ programming
• Positively represent KUVO/KVJZ in the community
• Excellent customer relation skills
• Knowledge of fundraising and public broadcasting
• Office experience: data entry, database systems and information processing
• Proficient in Windows-based software programs
Position open until filled
KUVO/KVJZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Send application materials:
Send resume, cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to KUVO, Tina Cartagena, PO Box 2040, Denver, CO 80201.
Internal candidate under consideration for this position
Job Title: Underwriting Account Rep
Job Status: Commission: 25% of Sales Received
Date Posted: July 1, 2012
Deadline: until filled
Location: Five Points Media Center, Denver, Colorado
jazz89 KUVO/KVJZ seeks an experienced Underwriting Sales Representative to join our team of public radio sales professionals. Candidate will be responsible for contacting potential clients (corporations, companies, non-profit organizations, and national clients) for radio underwriting and sponsorships. Candidate will schedule, prepare and conduct presentations create sales proposals, and process client traffic, trade, web and e-newsletter information.
This position requires three years sales experience, with excellent writing and presentation skills, Media sales preferred. A valid Colorado driver's license is also required.
1. Meets business-to-business sales goals set by station management.
2. Maintains client base.
3. Identify 75% self-generated leads.
4. Represent station at multiple community/business networking events.
5. Participate in weekly/monthly strategic planning and training.
6. Complete all required paperwork to ensure adequate servicing of clients.
Experience & Skills Sought for Position:
1. Work history that demonstrates sales experience.
2. Ability to show success in generating sales and relationship building.
3. Articulate, good verbal and written communication skills.
4. Attention to detail and organization.
5. Computer skills a must; Word, Excel, Access and Power Point.
6. Dependable, friendly, works well with others.
7. Works well under pressure and with limited resources.
8. Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusiveness.
9. Understands and supports the station’s mission statement.
10. Willing to travel to new Colorado territories.
Director of Development & Marketing
Tina Cartagena, KUVO, P.O. Box 2040, Denver, CO 80201 or email@example.com
EOE-Equal Opportunity Employer
Web Content Coordinator
The Content Coordinator is responsible for maintaining KUVO.org website and enhancing interfaces and information.
1. Keeps all KUVO.org content up-to-date.
2. Ensures the layout of the content is accessible and logical. Monitors active pages daily for functionality, make edits as necessary, performs maintenance and updates and ensures site is up-to-date and provides the best information.
3. Meets with Development Director and other management and marketing
personnel to review sites and implement ideas into existing site.
4. Test all pages of site for functionality in different browsers and at different resolutions.
5. Creates pertinent content for on-air fundraisers on Home page with links to accompanying website pages.
6. Assists Development Director with Development Department activities.
7. Performs other duties assigned by Development Director.
8. Uploads necessary graphics and audio files.
9. Strategizes coordination between web site, Facebook, Oasis newsletter, Twitter and other social media.
10. Implements search engine optimization strategies and techniques.
11. Develops and implements projects for special content; e.g., Jazz Appreciation Month, Women’s History Month, Hot 100, etc
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS SOUGHT FOR POSITION:
1.) Competent in developing graphics utilizing IrfanView, Microsoft Publisher and other design based software packages.
2.) Skilled in use of Fuel Team software.
3.) Very strong English grammar skills.
4.) Demonstrated ability to transform high levels of content and concepts into viable descriptions.
5.) Capable writer and editor
6.) Superior communication skills and team contributor.
7.) Able to work successfully with multiple departments and staff.
8.) Ability to communicate effectively with staff.
9.) Other Development Department and KUVO duties, as assigned.
10.) Creative, independent problem solving with little or no supervision.
11.) Works well under stress and with limited resources.
12.) Understands and supports KUVO’s mission statement.
Specific Duties for Web Coordinator:
1. Updates Home and other pages to reflect current day activities.
2. Works with the Development Director and other managers to develop and maintain site.
3. Updates Programming pages, Membership, Underwriting, Support KUVO, and all pages of site to ensure accuracy and currency.
4. Analyze other Public Radio sites for creative ways to improve KUVO.org.
5. Test entire site for functionality and ease.
6. Log all requests of website tasks and discuss with management.
7. Follow up on the status of all projects to ensure that deadlines are met.
8. Perform quality assurance and quality control testing on completed tasks.
9. Test site for functionality in different browsers and at different resolutions.
10. Research and implements new programs/links such as: FaceBook, Twitter, Pinterest, blogs, video (You Tube), performances in KUVO studio.
11. Prepare and outline with Development Director Banner Ads.
12. Prepare and outline with Development Director membership information pages.
13. Prepare and outline with Development Director Musician pages, for information and sales (potential profit).
14. Develop, maintain and keep current Quick Pledge software