“Be-Bach” by The Gott-Clay Quintet at Nocturne.
Although Charlie Parker and Johann Sebastian Bach lived in different eras, and defined different genres of music, they shared many parallel musical ideas. Many of the shapes that Bach used in his compositions were adopted and developed further by Charlie Parker and other great Bebop musicians of the 1940s/50s. This series will explore these parallels as well as Bebop songs merged and inspired by Bach.
The Line-Up: Daryl Gott – sax, Taylor Clay – sax, Seth Lewis – bass, Dru Heller – drums, Eric Gunnison – piano
Fridays throughout January
Set One: 6:30 – 7:45 pm
Set Two: 9:00 – 10:30 pm
Important Notes and Reservation Information:
– Due to high demand, we encourage guests to book well in advance on Friday and Saturday evenings
– Floor seats are reserved for Dinner and a Show Reservations (Music and Three Course Included)
– Reserved Bar Seats are $29 per guest and include music. Bar guests can order from our entire dinner menu as well as our wine & cocktail list.
– If availability permits, we do allow walk-in guests. Walk-in guests will have a charge of $30 per person applied to their check on Fridays and Saturdays
– We respectfully request that guests limit their visits to one set only at this time