The Museum of Contemporary Art Denver (MCA Denver) and THE DROP 104.7 today announced a media partnership in support of MCA Denver’s current exhibition, The Dirty South: Contemporary Art, Material Culture, and the Sonic Impulse, on view until February 5, 2023. Each month MCA Denver and THE DROP 104.7 will partner to offer different activations across the airwaves and within the museum.
Each month MCA Denver and THE DROP 104.7 will partner to offer different activations across the airwaves and within the museum.
● On Tuesday, October 11 at 6 pm, MCA Denver partners with THE DROP 104.7 and KUVO JAZZ to feature a special introduction about The Dirty South during Rocky Mountain PBS’ community screening of a series, titled “Making Black America: Through the Grapevine.” Register here!
● In November, THE DROP 104.7 will broadcast live from the museum, offering interviews with curatorial staff, capturing visitor reactions to the exhibition, and sharing more insights about the project.
● December will feature promotional collaborations all throughout the month.
● To commemorate Martin Luther King Jr. Day in January, the museum will host a special community day on January 15.
● February will feature a Sneaker Prom at the museum to close out the exhibition and commence a celebration of Black History Month.
The Dirty South: Contemporary Art, Material Culture, and the Sonic Impulse explores the aesthetic legacies and traditions of Black Culture in the African American South as seen through the lens of contemporary Black musical expression and argues for the importance of the American South and Black culture as critical to our understanding of America’s past, present, and future.