Public Service Announcements (PSAs) are short, non-commercial announcements that are read on the air.
PSAs are a free platform for nonprofits to get the word out about their needs, upcoming fundraisers, special events, etc. These announcements are not scheduled, and may be either dated (for a particular event) or ongoing.
Writing a PSA:
- Include all pertinent information: Who, What, When, Where and Why
- Use complete sentences, not a list of details. Shorter, less complex sentences are better.
- Make no editorial comment, you cannot infer that KUVO is supporting your cause or event
- If appropriate, add phonetic pronunciation, particularly with names.
- Include concise contact information that can be both read and remembered easily (not multiple names and numbers or complex URLs).
- Include an end date (the first day the PSA should no longer be read) or leave blank for ongoing PSAs.
- You cannot list prices, unless it is a benefit for KUVO.
- The total length should be 30 seconds or less when read aloud.
- You may add extra details, not to be read on the air, that we may tell listeners who call for more information, such as prices.
QUESTIONS? Contact Max Ramirez at (303) 446-7612 or max@KUVO.org